September 19, 2010

Reunited!

Two things got me excited today.  One of them is, as you all know, the launching of my new blog which I hope would remain well-maintained for at least the next few years.  I took some time revisiting my previous blog, something I hadn't done for the past couple of years, and started reading my past posts, one-by-one, word-by-word.  Most of them were written within a year or two from my arrival in Dubai and some during my boring college days.  Some were my readers' favourites and still remain mine, some are thought-provoking, some are fun, while the rest are completely pointless.  Well, I thought, it perhaps was how my life was.  There were times when I was immersed in deep thoughts, there were also times when life was just a breeze to me, and then there were those times when I was so frustated and felt spiritless. 

I figured out then that there is nothing wrong with that and that everybody goes through those days which are unpleasant but teach us survival lessons for the later days.  Those who have not been through obstacles in life are (arguably) weaker in spirit and tend to easily give up when things don't go their way.

This is the reason why I then decided to keep some posts from my previous blog here, so I can always reflect back to those days in the past and be grateful of what they have made me.  I still discarded those pointless posts, in case you wonder, not because I'm no longer proud of them, but simply because I don't want to waste your time reading them.  Now isn't that a lame excuse?

(Due to inevitable formatting changes during the merge, I still need to re-format the text in order to keep it in sync with the new theme - your patience is appreciated as always!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment